How does an HD CCTV camera work?
The HD CCTV surveillance camera captures the visuals of anyone or anything that enters its visual field. This visual field can vary depending on the lens of the camera. Once captured, these images are relayed to the Digital Video Recorder which stores them. The person monitoring the feed can see it live or watch the recorded visuals at a later point by accessing the Recorder.
Where can HD CCTV cameras be used?
An HD CCTV camera is an important security component in any setting courtesy of its ability to capture clear visuals- residential, commercial, educational and even governmental setups. They can be installed at the main gate of a building to monitor foot and vehicular traffic; to identify faces and vehicle’s license plates. They can be installed in educational institutes to monitor students’ safety.
The salient features of the camera are as follows:
- Dome cameras have a subtle structure making them a good choice for those who wish to discreetly monitor a visual field.
- Bullet cameras are extremely noticeable due to their size. They are mainly used to deter potential malicious elements from attempting any crime.
- In Varifocal cameras, the focus changes with the focal length which means that the operator can choose where they wish to focus the camera on. These cameras work well to cover big outdoor spaces like parking lots and backyards.
- The PTZ camera allows the controller to pan, tilt or zoom the camera lens according to their need to capture the most relevant visuals.
How Does PTZ Camera Work?
- PTZ cameras have certain mechanical parts, which allows the camera and the lens to move. Based on the model you have installed; some cameras move in the pre-determined positions set by the software. There are other cameras that move when certain action or motion is detected, allowing the camera to follow and record the suspicious activities.
- The range of the camera movement greatly varies based on the model you choose. Some high-end models have the capacity to pan and rotate 360 degrees. This helps in preventing any blind spots in the area. Most PTZ cameras have a 180 degrees tilt, which allow the camera to see and capture the visuals that are straight ahead, below, and above its position. If you are installing a PTZ security system in your home, a camera with a smaller range of tilt will world well. But, for covering a large area like the home outdoors or a commercial premise, you would need a camera with a 360-degree tilt to cover the entire area.
- An important thing to know about PTZ IP camera is that these cameras consume more power than the usual fixed dome camera or the bullet camera because of the movements.
- DNR, Smart IR
|Model||I View HD 500|
|Image Sensor||1/3’’ Progressive Scan CMOS|
|Min. Illumination||Colour: 0.05Lux@( F1.6,AGC ON);B/W: 0.005Lux@( F1.6,AGC ON), 0 Lux with IR|
|Max. Image Resolution||1280 ×720|
|Focal Length||4-92.0mm, 23x|
|Zoom Speed||Approx.3s(Optical Wide – Tele)|
|Angle of View||49-2.2 degree(Wide-Tele)|
|Min. Working Distance||10~1,000mm(Wide-Tele)|
|Focus Mode||Auto / Semiautomatic / Manual|
|S/N Ratio||≥ 50dB|
|AGC||Auto / Manual|
|Day & Night||IR Cut Filter|
|Privacy Mask||8 privacy masks programmable; a maximum of 8 zones can be masked simultaneously on the same video screen|
|Enhancement||3D DNR,BLC, EIS|
|Pan and Tilt|
|Range||Pan:360°endless; Tilt: -15°~90°(Auto Flip)|
|Speed||Pan Manual Speed:0.1°~80°/s, Pan Preset Speed: 80°/s|
Tilt Manual Speed: 0.1°~80°/s, Tilt Preset Speed: 80°/s
|Number of Preset||256|
|Patrol||8 patrols, up to 32 presets per patrol|
|Pattern||4 patterns, with the total recording time not less than 10 minutes|
|Park Action||Preset / Patrol / Pattern / Pan scan / Tilt scan / Panorama scan|
|Scheduled Task||Preset / Patrol / Pattern / Pan scan / Tilt scan / Panorama scan|
|RS-485 communication diagnosis||Support|
|IR Distance||Up to 100m|
|IR Intensity||Automatically adjusted, depending on the zoom ratio|
|Turbo HD Output||1 turbo HD720P/1080P output, 1.0V[p-p] / 75Ω, NTSC (or PAL) composite, BNC|
|CVBS Output||1.0V[p-p] / 75Ω, NTSC (or PAL) composite, BNC|
|RS-485 Interface||Half-duplex mode|
Self-adaptive Eurovigil, Pelco-P, Pelco-D protocol
|Working Temperature / Humidity||-30 °C-65°C(-22°F-149°F)|
90% or less
|Protection Level||IP66 standard|
TVS 4,000V lightning protection, surge protection and
voltage transient protection
|Mounting||Various mounting modes optional|
|Weight (approx.)||2Kg (4.41Ibs)|
|Mount Option (only suitable for outdoor dome)||Long-arm wall mount: DS-1602ZJ; Corner mount: DS-1602ZJ-corner;|
Pole Mount: DS-1602ZJ-pole; Power box mount:DS-1602ZJ-box; Swan-neck mount: DS-1619ZJ